All the answers to your questions on Bodegas Real, the world of wine and the beautiful region of Castilla-La-Mancha.
Questions about our WINES:
- What is Bodegas Real’s philosophy?
To take advantage of the enormous potential of La Mancha and use it in our own vineyard in order to produce quality wines that will reflect the special characteristics of this land.
- What types of wines are produced by Bodegas Real?
Young whites of Macabeo, Chardonnay and Muscat varieties.Young, “Crianza” and “Reserva” red wines.
The main variety remains the native Tempranillo however we also work with Merlot, Shiraz, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Grenache.
- What is the style of Bodegas Real’s wines?
We produce wines that are very fruity, intense, well structured and easy to drink. They convey the characteristics of the land.
- Which one of your wines tends to be the most popular?
Fortunately, at some point, almost all of our wines have won international competitions but our “flagship” remains the Vega Ibor.
- What does the terms “Crianza”,”Reserva” and “Gran Reserva” mean when talking about Spanish wines? Which ones can I find at Bodegas Real?
The terms “Crianza”, “Reserva” and “Gran Reserva” refers to the length of time the wine has been aging. In Castilla-La-Mancha “Crianza” wines have lived in oak barrels for six months and 12 months in bottles before being released on the market. The deadlines for “Reserva” wines is 12 months in barrels and 24 months in bottles. Finally, “Gran Reserva” wines spend 24 months in barrels and 36 in bottles. At Bodegas Real we elaborate both young “Crianza” and “Reserva” wines however this distinction is not always put on our labels.
- Is it possible to buy the wines I have tasted during my visit or any other wine accessories?
All our items are for sale at the winery shop and soon to come in our online store.
Questions about WINE tastings:
- How to recognize all the aromas and flavours of a good wine?
Only with practice! There is no better way.
- Why do some wines age well while others don’t?
The longevity of wines depends on the characteristics of their regions of origin and processing systems. Each wine has a different life cycle and evolves differently. Aged wine with high acidity usually last longer.
- How do oak barrels influence wine quality?
It gives specific flavours as well as structure, tannin, elegance and body to the wine.
- When selecting a wine, what details should I look for on the label?
The grape variety from which it is made, the crop to which it belongs and its origin.
- What is the ideal wine temperature for drinking?
For young whites between 8-10 degrees. For reds between 16-19 degrees, approximately.
- How long does open wine last?
Very little because it quickly oxidizes and therefore loses its main features. However, it can stay in good condition for a couple of days if you take the air out with a vacuum pump. We can recommend you several models which are available on the market.
- White wines with white meat, red wines with red meat?
Not necessarily. Some flavours complement each other better with different types of wine, but it is always difficult to categorize them. Once again the only way is to experiment!
Questions about WINE TOURISM at Bodegas Real:
- What experience can I expect from Bodegas Real?
We have designed a series of experiments in order for you to approach the wine world from different angles:
– On our tours you will learn all the secrets behind our vineyard and the process of wine making.
– During the tastings you will learn how to evaluate a wine.
– In the restaurant you will discover the rich gastronomy of La Mancha ideally paired with wines from our winery.
- What type of cuisine can I expect to find at Bodegas Real’s restaurant?
In our menu you will encounter the most characteristic dishes of La Mancha´s cuisine prepared with a twist in a modern and innovative way and always using premium quality products. Some of the seasonal dishes are renewed every three months.
- What types of menus do you offer?
We have a wide range of different menus for groups and children
- What types of events are organized at Bodegas Real?
We have extensive experience in organizing weddings, including civil ceremonies but also communions, anniversaries, business lunches and more. We have dedicated spaces for each of these events.
- Do you have a space dedicated to conferences, conventions or business meetings?
Yes, in the same farmhouse, only a few meters from our winery, we have a fully equipped multipurpose hall. Ideal for working sessions, product launches, seminars and more.
- What other interesting sites, close to Bodegas Real could I visit ?
You can complete your visit to Bodegas Real by visiting some of the following high tourists interest points. All of them are located less than an hour drive away from our winery:Villanueva de los Infantes, Almagro, Valdepeñas as well as the natural parks of las Tablas de Daimiel y las Lagunas de Ruidera.
Questions about Castilla-La-Mancha:
- What is the main city of Castilla-La-Mancha?
There are five provinces and all of them are important. Bodegas Real is located in the province of Ciudad Real and belongs to the region of Campos de Montiel, in Valdepeñas, which is also the most important urban centre nearby.
- Why is it so well known for its wine?
It is known for having the highest concentration of vineyards in the world and its great tradition. Indeed, the cultivation of the vine has been the main activity of the region for centuries. Today, La Mancha’s wines are exported all over the world.
- What grape variety is the most representative of Castilla-La-Mancha?
The Tempranillo, also called Tinto Fino or Cencibel
- What are the region’s most famous wines?
For many years the most popular wines of La Mancha were young or with little longevity, light and easy to drink. However, today, there is a variety of styles.
- How many types of wine are there?
Many. La Mancha produces still and sparkling wines. Depending on the sugaring they can be dry or sweet, young or older as well as white, red or rosé.
- Besides Wine Tourism, for what is Castilla-La-Mancha known for?
Our world ambassador is Don Quixote, do not forget that his adventures took place in what are now national parks and world heritage cities. It is a region of rich monumental landscapes.